On such terms and conditions as set forth herein (“Terms and Conditions”), Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (“Company”) is conducting the Mind Wars Olympiad 2020 on terms more particularly described herein below which you agree to be unconditionally bound by:
Mind Wars Olympiad 2020 – Terms and Conditions
Description of the Olympiad
- The Mind Wars Olympiad 2020 (“Olympiad”) is an online General Knowledge programme in which students from classes 4 to 12(both inclusive) can participate on payment of a registration fee of 200(inclusive of GST)
- The Olympiad shall be available only on ‘ZEE5’ Application (“ZEE5”) which is owned by Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (“ZEEL”) and this Olympiad is valid only in India. This Olympiad is in association with Xpress Minds to enhance the learning capabilities of students and to assist in overall education of students.
The Olympiad goes live on 22nd November 2020.
- The students can choose a convenient date from the following options:
22 November 2020 , 28 November 2020 , 29 November 2020 , 5 December 2020 , 6 December 2020 , 12 December 2020 ,20 Dec 2020, 3 January 2021, 10 January 2021, 17 January 2021, 24 January 2021, 31 January 2021, 7 February 2021
- The Olympiad shall be available on ZEE5 and is organized by ZEEL. The Olympiad is valid only in India.
Entering the Olympiad
The students from classes 4 to 12 (both inclusive) participating in the Olympiad are hereinafter referred to as the “Participant(s). To be eligible to participate in the Quiz, Participant(s) must conform to the following eligibility criteria:
- 1. an Individual
- 2. an Indian citizen or residing in India
- 3. classes 4 to 12 (both inclusive)
- 4. student of any school that is recognized by an Education Board in India/ equivalent Education Board.
- For the Participant(s) to be eligible to participate in the Olympiad, the Parent must be registered and/or a subscriber of ZEE5. The Parent must download ZEE5 and create a login on ZEE5 by clicking on the link as provided for the Olympiad and provide their contact details i.e. e-mail id or contact number.
- The Parent must then fill the details of the Participant(s) as required.
- The Parent must enable a parental lock before granting access to Participant(s).
- There are only two ways to register for Olympiad :
- a) through School
- b) Individual registration
- After the successful completion of payment of non-refundable participation fee of INR 200 (all inclusive), participant(s) will receive an Olympiad ID.
- The payment can be done on the app/website or the landing page(mindwars.co.in)
- All registered participants will be able to access the Mind Wars Olympiad 2020 Section on the Mind Wars Platform on the Zee5 App after entering the Olympiad ID.
- (a) Registered Participants can ‘Practise’ here- by taking quizzes on the 5 subject categories that constitute their GK syllabus. They can take these quizzes as many times as they want.
- (b) Registered Participants can ‘Prepare’ by taking a mock Mind Wars Olympiad twice, prior to taking the actual Olympiad.
- (c) Registered Participants can ‘Play’ which means they can take the Mind Wars Olympiad on the day that they have chosen.
- A Registered Participant will have to take the test on the date chosen at the time of registration.
Terms and Conditions
- The Mind Wars Olympiad will have 50 questions. There will be 10 questions from each of 5 subject categories. These are different for the various groups.
- Once a registered participant starts PLAYING the Mind Wars Olympiad (s)he will not be able to stop and resume. The test MUST be completed within 20 minutes. Each question must be answered before moving to the next question. For clarity: Participant(s) can attempt the test multiple times by paying participation fees of Rs.200/- for each test.
- Each question has 4 multiple choice options, of which only one is correct. The registered participant must choose the correct answer and move to the next question.
- In case the registered participant is unable to complete the test, ie. The 20-minute time period ends, the system will register the achieved score as the final score.
- All registered participants have the chance of registering again and taking the Mind Wars Olympiad on subsequent dates by paying the fee again. The system will use their best score from such attempts to generate their Mind Wars Performance Analysis Report
- Once a registered participant selects the Olympiad test date, (s)he will not be able to change it later. Change of date for taking the Mind Wars Olympiad 2020 is not permitted.
- Users who have the same score will be ranked in ascending order of the time taken to complete the Olympiad i.e. users who have taken less time to complete the Olympiad will be ranked higher
- Time will be measured at our server not on at the user-end. So if there is a delay in submission due to user-environment e.g. bad/inconsistent network or a power failure, Zee cannot be held responsible for such issues
- We will also be giving another 10 questions to students who will complete 50 questions in 20 minutes, we won’t be giving additional time, to answer this, however this would be used to solve tie breakers.
- The Mind Wars Performance Analysis Report will be generated only after all the Olympiad dates are over to create state and national rankings.
- Prizes worth Rs 1 crore to be won for outstanding performers*
- The winners have to provide a bona-fide certificate with the student image and the seal of the school issued by their schools for verifying their identity and claim the prizes.
- The winners must respond within 15 days of the declaration of the result to claim the prizes. In case, they fail to do so, the prizes will be awarded to the next rank holder.
- Cheating Deterrent mechanism: In case a participant toggles or opens multiple windows during the final test it shall result in reduction of the test time by 60 seconds for each instance of toggling / opening another window.
- The organisers shall not be responsible and/or liable in any manner whatsoever in case the Participant(s)is unable to participate before or on the date of the Olympiad due to failure on part of the telecom operator, Internet provider, facility provider, etc.
- By participating in the Olympiad, it is construed that the Participant(s) has accepted providing contact details and other required personal information on the website and the perpetual consent to allow ZEE to use the same for any other use, and or transfer the same to any third party/agencies to collect, maintain and share the same solely for the purpose of use in connection with the Olympiad or any other allied activity such as marketing in connection to the Olympiad or as desired by Zee. Any kind of data received by Zee in this regard shall become the sole property of Zee and the Zee shall at no time be under any kind of obligation to discard or maintain the said information received.
- The Parent here by agrees to indemnify the organisers or its affiliates against any claims that might arise from his/her actions or omissions while enrolling Participant(s) in the Olympiad or by Participant(s) while participating in the Olympiad, or due to any representations, misrepresentations or concealment of material facts by the Parent and/or Participant(s).
- Zee shall not be held accountable/liable for any disruptions/stoppages/ interruptions or cancellation of the production and/or in conducting the Olympiad on account of any force majeure factors or otherwise.
- This Olympiad shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and the courts at Mumbai shall have the exclusive jurisdiction.
- Information as available on the official Mind Wars website is the only authentic and valid information about the Olympiad.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions mentioned herein, the Company may, at its sole and absolute discretion, cancel the Activity or reschedule the Activity dates.
Zee is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable, for any physical injury, death, mental trauma caused to any Participant(s) in any manner whatsoever, in relation to participation in the Olympiad.
Zee, shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Participant(s), in respect of any loss, damage suffered by the Participant(s), arising from or pursuant to the participation in the Olympiad or for any and all loss, damage, cost, expense or injury to life or property sustained by the Participant(s) at any stage of the Olympiad whether or not caused by (1) the participation in the Olympiad; (2) as a result of the any decisions of Zee for any matter relating to the Olympiad. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, Zee expressly excludes liability for all direct, indirect and consequential loss or damage, including but not limited to loss or damage to property or for loss of profit, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings pursuant to participation in the Olympiad. In no event will the measure of damages include, nor will Zee be liable for, any amounts for indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages of any party, including third parties; or for damages attributable to the Participant(s); or circumstances beyond Zee’s reasonable control.